Perhaps if there were more of that intense distress for souls that leads to tears, we should more frequently see the results we desire.’ Hudson Taylor
‘He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose.’ Jim Elliot
‘Some want to live within the sound of church or chapel bell; I want to run a rescue shop within a yard of hell.’ C.T.Studd
Today, there are 6.4 billion individuals in the world, a figure that is increasing by the minute! Of the approximately 16,000 people groups in the world, 6,900 remain least reached. Least reached is a missions term which means “lacking an indigenous community of believing Christians with enough resources and numbers to evangelize their own people group”. So that means 1 in 4 people have very little chance of hearing the Gospel. (Ethne 06)
In South East Asia alone, “least reached” describes 49.3% of the combined population. Yes, that’s nearly half of all South East Asians. For the non-math geeks, that’s about 271,769,000 people! (Ethne 06)
Pray for Missions:
1. That a youth mission movement to arise from this generation.
2. That young people may be challenged to live differently.
3. That young people will think of their calling and vocations as more than just fulfilling material needs and wants.
4. That Malaysia will send out more than 100,000 missionaries from our generation.
Further reading and reference:
– Ethne to Ethne, is a global network focussed on serving the 28% of the world’s people without access to the Good News of Jesus the Saviour. (http://www.ethne.net/)
– Malaysian Centre for Global Ministry (MCGM), seeks to network the Malaysian church for cross-cultural missions. (http://www.mcgm.net.my/)
– Call2All, is a worldwide movement calling the church to a renewed, focused collaborative effort to fulfil the Great Commission. (http://www.call2all.org/Group/Group.aspx?ID=1000014360)